The village Artsni is situated in Lori region in the northern part of Armenia. The region includes Tumanian, Tashir, Stepanavan, Gugark, and Spitak sub-regions. Lori region occupies an area of 3789 km2 (about 12,7% of the total area of Armenia). The region has eight urban and 150 rural communities with a population of 282 100 people. The town of Vanadzor, the administrative of the region, is located at a distance of 125 km from capital Yerevan. Artsni community has 298 inhabitants.
Since May 1989, the village of Artsni has been inhabited with refugees from Azerbaijan and Karabakh, mainly from Getashen. Many Armenians from Georgia have had to move here as well in the initial turbulent years after Armenia had regained independence. Formerly being inhabited by Azeris, the village was renamed Artsni in 1991. Its distance from Yerevan is 195 km, from Vanadzor – 62 km and from the state border with Georgia – 0,4 km. The village is situated 1630-1700 m above sea level.
The village had a two-storey administrative building built in 1970s with a total area of 120m2. Located on the first floor of the facility was the medical point, which also served the needs of the neighboring community of Apaven, ceremony hall, and a working room. On the second floor of the facility there were five rooms for the community administration and community center staff. The building had no sanitary units and had never been repaired. It was in a fully dilapidated condition.
Hayastan All Armenian Fund reconstructed and remodeled the administrative building of the village, turning it into a multi functional community center/community administration facility. The project included reconstruction of all the rooms, installation of new doors and windows, construction of internal sanitary units with tiled walls and floors, and false ceiling.
The roof of the facility was reconstructed as well.