Post Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Contract type: Employment contract / full time
Based in: Yerevan, with travel to all project sites as needed
Reports to: Head of Programs and External Relations
Introduction to the Task:
Working under the supervision of the Head of Programs and External Relations, the M&E Specialist will design and support program staff with monitoring and evaluation plans (M&E) across all program areas and the implementation of the organizational monitoring and evaluation strategy, including data collection, analysis and reporting.
• Develop monitoring and evaluation tools and processes for all of the organization’s programs and projects, including development of monitoring and evaluation forms;
• Assist the program team in the identification of priorities, needs and indicators, potential implementation problems and recommend appropriate strategies to address them;
• Working closely with program team and program management to develop a series of indicators to measure program progress toward deliverables;
• Assist program management in setting program targets;
• Establish regular reporting systems among program staff;
• Track and collect data on indicators and program staff reports;
• Visit project implementation sites;
• Input data into the organization’s software system and other tracking systems;
• Analyze data and provide reports as required for monthly and quarterly programmatic reporting;
• Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the program team;
• Participate in project decision-making and strategic planning processes, as well as budgeting of the project quality and fundraising unit.
• Any other responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
• Higher education, preferably in Social Sciences, international development and/or another relevant field with a concentration in accounting or finance;
• 3+ years’ experience in M&E, grants programs (grants financial management, finance, accounting, and/or auditing);
• Extensive knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, i.e. both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis;
• Experience establishing and operating monitoring and evaluation systems to track program progress;
• Excellent analytical, communication, problem-solving, teamwork and leadership skills;
• Fluency in written and spoken Armenian and English is required;
• Computer skills in MS Word, Excel and other database software;
• Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, and budget projections.
Application Procedures: If you meet the requirement above and are confident that your background and experience qualify you for this position, please e-mail your detailed CV and a short description of relevant experience in Armenian or in English to All Armenia Fund at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the subject line of your e-mail as “Monitoring and Evaluation Expert – Your Name Surname”.
Deadline for application: April 17, 2019
About All Armenia Fund: The organization was founded by Presidential Decree in 1992. It is a unique institution whose mission is to unite Armenians in Armenia and overseas to overcome the country’s difficulties and to help establish sustainable development in Armenia and Artsakh. The work of All Armenian Fund is implemented with the active participation and support of its 21 affiliates and partner organizations in 19 countries. Parallel to the construction of roads, schools, kindergartens, hospitals, and gas and water networks, the Fund also provides assistance to many socially vulnerable groups, including families of freedom fighters and students from low-income families. The Fund also continues to be a major supporter of the work of Armenian artists and scientists, with particular emphasis on encouraging the young generation. In addition to its annual flagship programs, the Fund simultaneously implements donor-specified projects as well as projects within the framework of its core development programs, in Armenia and Artsakh alike.