Sponsored by: Armenia Fund, Inc
Start Start date: May 01, 2010
End End date: September 01, 2010
Status Status: Ongoing


Project

The two-story building of the Shushi’s library was built in 1980s. In 2009, the roof was repaired with the financing of the Shushi administration.

The library has over 13000 books, out of which 1600 – in Russian and 11400 - in Armenian. One of the library’s branches is located in the Mariamian Girls’ school. The library has nearly 1000 readers a year - people of different ages and preferences.

The library main facility has a basement. The archives and the library storeroom are located on the first floor. The reading hall is on the second floor. There are 4000 books that are only for reading on site and cannot be checked out.
The library was in bad condition and needed intense reconstruction, after which the number of readers increased significantly.