The Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s 20th annual International Telethon will take place on November 23 under the slogan “Fruitful Artsakh”. The proceeds from the major fundraising will help bolster agriculture in Artsakh through two significant projects: drilling deep-water wells and installation of new irrigation water networks; and installation of solar power stations.
The Telethon 2017 General sponsor is Inecobank, and the Broadcast sponsor is Unibank. Traditionally, the annual telethon is televised live from Los Angeles, USA, on Thanksgiving Day.
During the 25 years of its existence, through contributions of around 700000 donors, the Fund has implemented 50000 projects in Armenia and Artsakh investing over $330 million in the advancement of our Homeland. The Fund’s accomplishments include construction and reconstruction of over 605 km of roads and highways, 580 km of water-mains and pipelines, 149 km of gas lines, 70 km of power-transmission lines, 359 schools and kindergartens, 24 community centers, 500 houses and apartments, 75 healthcare facilities, 58 cultural and sports centers, 100 greenhouses; implementation of 169 projects promoting education, culture and science.
Telethon 2016, held under the slogan “My Artsakh,” raised $15.428.777. Proceeds from the pan-national event has benefited the rebuilding of war-ravaged communities in Artsakh, emergency and disaster preparedness for Armenia and Artsakh, and the construction of homes for Artsakh families with multiple children.
The Telethon major donors included:
- Antranig and Seta Baghdassarian (USA) - $5 million
- Samvel Karapetyan (Russia) - $1 million
- Zangezur Copper-Molybdenium Combine CJSC ( Armenia) - $350.000
- Ray Hartoonian (USA) - $200.000
- Samvel Aleksanyan (Armenia) - $200.000
- Varuzhan Grigoryan (Armenia) - $100.000
- Flash LTD (Armenia) - $100.000
- Hakob Baghdassarian (USA) - $100.000
- Gagik Tsarukyan (Armenia) - 100 million AMD
- Grand Holding (Armenia) – 60 million AMD
- Plant of Pure Iron OJSC (Armenia) – 20 million AMD
InecobankGeneral SponsorUnibankBroadcasting SponsorHaypostPartner